Earthquake

9 Replies, 9256 Views

Hey everyone, Devious Red Diesel here!

This goes out to everyone in New Zealand or is concerned about the Earthquake that occurred this morning.

Is everyone ok? Huh

Is there anything you want to ask?

I just want to make sure you're all ok. In my area in Canterbury I didn't feel it too badly. What are your experiences with this earthquake?

Thanks
[-] The following 4 users Like gmeehanfilms's post:
  • DalaGStanator, drewbenn, Super, Tharazero1
Hope everyone, their loved ones and their property is ok
[-] The following 5 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, gmeehanfilms, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
My thoughts went out immediately to our friends down under when reading the news about this this morning. Are the Tsunami's now over with and everybody safe?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
(11-13-2016, 08:55 PM)Super Wrote: My thoughts went out immediately to our friends down under when reading the news about this this morning. Are the Tsunami's now over with and everybody safe?

I think so, quite a bit of damage around Hanmer Springs. Nothing really where I live, but I think the tsunami's are over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gmeehanfilms's post:
  • Super
felt it strongly in wanganui. rode it out to begin with, but when it didnt stop, moved out of bed and under my desk. eventually finished up in the bathroom doorway. been numerous aftershocks since. my boss lives across the road from our river, and said he could hear it sloshing around. our fishpond spread water all over the place, so can only imagine what the river was like.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • drewbenn, gmeehanfilms, Super, Ucwepn
Pretty strong in Wellington. At least I won a Tomy Oliver!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bluebell55's post:
  • drewbenn, gmeehanfilms, sunhuntin, Super
Yes, I've heard of it. Extremely tragic.
Glad to hear you're ok Sun, I was thinking of you when I heard the news, hopefully anyone else down that way is ok also Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
i havent heard of any more deaths other than two we know of, one from a heart attack and another died when a historic house collapsed.

this link will take you to a video showing the kaikoura rail line. ive ridden this road on the motorbike... it is exceedingly beautiful and good fun with nice curves. if you are lucky, you can see seals basking on the rocks, or see a whale or dolphin.
[kaikoura: ky-kaw-ra. kai means food and koura means crayfish]

http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/kaikoura...2016111413
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • DalaGStanator, gmeehanfilms
Yes, thankfully there aren't any more deaths. It looks as though it's going to take a while to clear the rails!
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016, 03:26 AM by Super.)