Have You Ever Bought....

6 Replies, 6136 Views

Have you ever bought a train that isn't a style that you like but the color combination looked so good you had to have it? Well I have done this several times and when they finally arrived I wondered why I did it and eventually sold them off because, despite the great contrast of color, it just didn't sit with my style of liked train. Well....Criminy..

I did it again...This time with a rarer one. I wonder how I will feel when it arrives. Has this ever happened to you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
I've done the opposite, bought a train that is a style or design I liked but not in a colour combination that I was particularly fond of, but I ended up keeping them and sometimes they grow on me.

Still hate the yellow wheels though - but I can if I have to change them if need be Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
I can second that dislike of the yellow wheels. The train that is coming along with this one I am referring to I believe has yellow wheels but will easily be changed. I really dislike the yellowed wheeled DD51's and DE10's because there is not a way to easily swap out the front set without possibly damaging the chassis. They are the only style I have not been able to swap without replacing the whole chassis with one that has grey wheels already which is a plus for these diesels because the chassis are interchangeable.
Can't wait to see what it is? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
(11-08-2016, 10:00 PM)Super Wrote: Have you ever bought a train that isn't a style that you like but the color combination looked so good you had to have it?
Yes, that's why I own a N&W Trainmaster that's 30 years old.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
Here is the latest train that brought about this thread...

The very Limited Edition Odakyu Railway 2600 Form with old paint (at least I think its called this). You can't tell in the pictures but it is a dark blue with dark orange. For some reason the colors just appealed to me and is the only reason I wanted it as commuter trains are not my cup of tea. You probably hear a kicking noise as I am kicking myself because a year ago a bought a rather large bulk lot of trains and in it was a middle and read car of this train. I thought long and hard about keeping at least the middle car in case I bought one of these in the future. Well I convinced myself that because electric commuters are not my style I sold them with a bunch of other stock.....I am never gonna listen to myself again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • bollard, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, ripley802
Now that I do like, lovely combination of colours and the detailing (destination displays etc...) look really cool Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super