waimarie paddle steamer side slipped

5 Replies, 5446 Views

this is the first time its ever been done. according to their agreement with council and other groups, the bank must be returned to how it was before all this happened, which was nothing spectaular. just a muddy bank, lol.

i think the core group are going to argue for keeping something there, they say for kayakers etc, though theres a perfectly suitable a slip not far up river, and one or two proper rowing docks/sheds across the other side, it was just too narrow and steep for this boat. theres also not much parking there for a car and trailer. the grassy patch has a tall kerb and the "driveway" is gated off.

all maintainence will take place where it sits. i think craning would be too risky, and you would be hard pressed to get two decent sized cranes into that area. the road down there is basically single vehicle width, and inaccessible to tall vehicles due to both the bridge in one direction, and trees in the other.

yes, the bridge and the opposite bank were packed, and cars crossing the bridge slowed down to a crawl, even though they wouldnt have seen much at all.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 07:54 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: waimarie paddle steamer side slipped - by sunhuntin - 09-19-2016, 07:53 AM