My Experience with AliExpress & Tomy/Thomas Knockoffs

7 Replies, 14673 Views

Some have asked about AliExpress.com so I recently purchased a couple of Tomy/Thomas knockoff items and I want to share my experience plus a quick review of the knockoff items.

AliExpress is similar to other Online shops but it isn't a auction site and I am not sure if they are based in China. There are many different sellers like Amazon Marketplace so you can browse items and look for the the best deal and you just pay the asking price. The 2 items I purchased were from 2 different Chinese sellers. The items that I have looked at are all new with a lot of knockoff items. They accept many kinds of payment including their own "Alipay" but they don't take PayPal. I used a Credit Card.

My first purchase which can be seen here http://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=1559 I had ordered 2 as the seller listed 2 in stock but when the package arrived there was only one even though I paid for 2. I sent a message to the seller and they quickly responded and apologized for their mistake and promised a refund. With a somewhat broken translation they said to start a dispute through AliExpress which was good as I will see how that works which I did. The form was easy to fill out and had several options to choose from to resolve the issue. Of course all I wanted was the refund for the just the item I didn't receive. Within less than 2 days AliExpress contacted me and said I won the dispute and a refund would show up on my Credit Card within several days. Only took 2 days and my refund appeared on my card. So all of this was a good experience I have received my second package today and I will give a quick review of the Thomas knockoff set here.

I have noticed that even though I have seen a lot of knockoff stuff on AliExpress I have also noticed what looks like new Trackmaster packaged items for cheap. I can't say they are real but they do have the Trackmaster logo like this Trackmaster Hank for $11 http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HANK-trai...1614c1a28c

So to sum it up...I would buy from this site again. Happy to answer any questions you may have about my experience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ActionChugger

Messages In This Thread
My Experience with AliExpress & Tomy/Thomas Knockoffs - by Super - 02-02-2016, 11:29 PM