I Feel Sorry........

7 Replies, 440 Views

I feel sorry for the generations of today as they will never know the peace of growing up in a safe and respectful time.

Why Are Shoplifters Stealing Boxes of Legos?
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • Destination Realization, Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, HanoibusGamer, Mister No, MrKirby48
Oh yeah, big problem in any collecting hobbies now. I'm glad it has yet to be a problem for Plarail (to my knowledge, someone living in Japan may have a better idea than mine), so that I can still find old stuff for cheap (if I can afford shipping price that is).

Specifically on Lego, the problem is both that there are more so-called "Lego investors" now, probably due to COVID, and that Lego are just too expensive for what they offer. In 2024 there are more similar quality brick brands now (i.e. CaDa, MouldKing, Cobi, etc...) which offers great models (not just Lego knockoffs!) at half the price. Of course Lego do offer unique sets that no one else copy or offer, so as far as I see here, most Lego purchases are made during discount periods.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • MrKirby48
(10-10-2024, 11:56 AM)Super Wrote: I feel sorry for the generations of today as they will never know the peace of growing up in a safe and respectful time.

They are stealing because they have been brought up an excuse making woke world of no consequences where we “don’t judge” or “shame” and “everyone is a winner”.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MrKirby48, Therealblack64YT
Its depressing i remember a decade ago 100 bucks worth of lego could get you a big set nowadays you get HALF of what you could get a decade ago its tragic and the second something goes for big $$$ you know theres going to be thiefs and "investors" in it. Bro get a job
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • Destination Realization, HanoibusGamer
Unfortunately these days when there are products that are worth money and more to the point hold their value when second hand there will be scum who would rather steal to feed their drug habit or whatever they are into. It doesn't help that the law enforcement tend to be so busy with more critical crimes that shoplifting is not prioritised so they can get away with it almost without any consequences. Here in the UK shoplifting has becomes so prolific that unless the items stolen are worth more the £200 the police will not even attend the crime let alone try to catch and prosecute the perps. This gives most of them a carte blanche to steal what they want when they want as the shop workers are for the most part not willing to put their lives on the line and get stabbed or whatever for something that the little gits wouldn't even get prosecuted for...

The way things are going remind me of that great movie The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, except we seem to be living in the fall the way the world is going...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Here in California the threshold is $1000.00
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Destination Realization
I had a friend that was bragging that he stole a 3DS, no not the normal 3DS, the more valuable NEW Nintendo 3DS, welp, he didn't survive that much because he was caught, comes to show that people sometimes have nothing better to do
I’m D-Real, I’ve Been A collector since 2011, and Remember: Anything’s Possible when you have DEDICATION Smile
It it sad... So many videos within the past year on YouTube of LEGO thefts.  You would see on the news of luxury watch thefts, then thefts of French bulldogs but now...thefts of LEGO.  Terrible....
--
Host of the J! Tetsudo Mokei (鉄道模型) Podcast
Main YT channel: http://kndydesu.com
Tetsudo Mokei & Tomica Podcasts are located here: http://tetsudomokei.com
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2024, 02:19 AM by KNDYNT2099.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes KNDYNT2099's post:
  • Destination Realization