Online Selling Shockers

357 Replies, 175939 Views

Hope someone here gets that weird Duncan, D-Real, I wish nothing but the best in your attempt to get it. Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had to highlight this BNiB HiT Toys Douglas' Watcher Count (At Bottom of Screenshot):
[Image: IMG-2122-1.png]
Yeah, 87. Watchers. In only like 4 hours of eBay life too! (It sold at 5:13 AM EST)
(Considering I have one in FAR better condition and it's stickers are perfectly aligned too... Oh boy. How quick it could sell.)
Searchin' Away For a BNiB English Only Box HotR Talking James...
(Not My Image as Avatar btw)
A 787 series Tsubame with what looks to be a very serious case of battery corrosion

[Image: Bild-2024-08-12-011052931.png]
[Image: Bild-2024-08-12-011103414.png]
[Image: Bild-2024-08-12-011117831.png]

https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m543914758...rectSearch
[-] The following 2 users Like JustTylerHere's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420
(08-11-2024, 11:12 PM)JustTylerHere Wrote: A 787 series Tsubame with what looks to be a very serious case of battery corrosion

And a price that reflects its condition, so perhaps not so shocking after all? On the other hand the description 'a little damaged' isn't entirely accurate!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 07:21 PM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, JustTylerHere
I was just shocked to see something in such condition!  Big Grin
Never seen battery corrosion so bad it damages the plastics
[-] The following 2 users Like JustTylerHere's post:
  • chrisjo, Destination Realization
“Thomas left as he had seen everything” moment lol
I’m D-Real, I’ve Been A collector since 2011, and Remember: Anything’s Possible when you have DEDICATION Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Destination Realization's post:
  • JustTylerHere
Yet another example of people paying stupid amounts of money of genesis coaches. As a reference I'd like to refer to this pack of 4 SE&CR  coaches without lights that sold at Rails of Sheffield for a whopping 325 pounds. I already knew that the SE&CR coaches were sought after, mainly due to the shear amount of SE&CR locos that have been produced. This works out at about 81.25 per coach. New this pack would have been sold for 120 quid 

[Image: secr-pack-325.jpg]

However what I found today takes these prices to the next level...
This listing of the pre-war brown set, without lights is currently at an auction and so far it's hit a horrific price of 360 pound or Approximately US $475.33, for context the last pack in the brown, WITH lights , sold for aprox. 256 pounds. This makes each coach currently worth 90 pounds or $118.8325.A staggering 200% price increase
[/url]
[url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/135213253156?_nkw=hattons]https://www.ebay.com/itm/135213253156?_nkw=hattons

At this point I could probably sell my pair of LMS coaches for like $200-$250 sounds crazy but then what o you call these?

Probably the thing that I find the most interesting is that currently the batch 2 coaches are under production and are set to be delivered in Q4 of this year so very soon. After that the toolings will probably be sold and there is a chance to see these liveries make a return for a fraction of their current price. These sellers and people probably assume that with Hattons closing the toolings will never be seen, but when it comes to everything else Accurascale have bought them and are continuing to produce them. For instance the P class on eBay goes for up to 350 quid, but if you pre-order yours from Accurascale's website you can get it for less that 100.

My advice would be to never pay more than 50 quid for a non lit coach or 65 for a lit one!
The magic of the GWR
(08-07-2024, 07:56 AM)PJ100001 Wrote: I saw this and was like "What, in the name of Mike!?"
[Image: IMG-2110-1.png]
and I saw it's nameplate and thought:
"IS THIS A PROTOTYPE DUNCAN IN "RUNAWAY ELEPHANT"!!??"
Notice how the nameplate's PRINTED. And isn't a sticker!
Here's my BNiB Duncan in "Runaway Elephant" and how it's supposed to look:
[Image: IMG-0458-1.jpg]
Yes it is a Pre-production prototype proof
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Destination Realization
[Image: IMG-2110.jpg]

Nice can’t wait to buy “James”
I’m D-Real, I’ve Been A collector since 2011, and Remember: Anything’s Possible when you have DEDICATION Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Destination Realization's post:
  • GreatGordonFan