angry thomas question

19 Replies, 19076 Views

IDK..I just think either the composition of the plastic or maybe some change in the molding procedure has subtlety changed over the years, wether by accident or by improvements, but there is definitely a difference in the "feel" of a wet/dry face.

Ahh...Got it!!
One is like an ivory finish and the other is like eggshell!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2015, 06:58 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
Grey S C Ruffey comes with Oliver
ok u might think i'm nutz but when i purchase or sell.. u get the REAL AUTHENTIC deal. i have learned alot from this set. answered most of my own questions. however.. i have generated some more. maybe together we can help??
first.....does anyone have this set? if you do i have discussed first edition versus second.
if you have the first edition....(look @ the date on the back of the box)
you will notice the difference in the thomas train!
look at the back buffers. its easy to miss.
do you see it?

if im right.... that puts this train waaaaaaay up on the rare list. maybe not as rare as some. but PRETTY RARE all the same! let me recap: a 1 time, first edition only.. thomas train! AND oh yea an import?

but! i did generate 1 question.
a coach. not sure how or where.
it looks extremely similar to the coach offered in this particular set.
WITH! 1 exception! a thin yellow band.
right above the red.... but below the windows?
manufacture date puts it @ 2006/2007.
any info on this piece would b useful

somebody plz humor me on this break-thru or falsity!?!
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 02:03 AM by trevor379.)
is no body lookin?
i have heard about the yellow band coach, but dont recall ever seeing one. may have but would have been a while ago and the memory has been lost to cobwebs in the corner.

all the info i have on my sets i posted above. what is the difference in the buffers? just checked my 3 grumpy thomas' and dont notice anything different. i guess im not able to help, sorry.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 03:44 AM by sunhuntin.)
From seeing other member's versions, the Red Express Coach with the yellow band used to be sold separately from 2006-2010.

There is another Confused Thomas which hasn't been mentioned that was released in the Thomas and Round and Round Bridge Set in 2011.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFG8yBjVIA3iXgYKqfD5x...InlZ9YVWPo]
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, WoodWheel92
thx for the info on the coach. i will dig up more info from there.

as for the difference in the first edition verses the second...
the first will have tapered corners on the rear bumper.
at first glance it could be confused as a chip. which is wht i had thought and tossed it in the scrap heap.
the manufacture years on the bottom will match as well both say 1992.
the "tomy" logo will be the older version. the "o" in tomy is perfectly round.
still working on this set. but i think i have a complete original.

sorry for the stir in this thread. but when i discover something i dont stop digging until its solved.
thats what i love about this site. so many members here are informative and passionate about these toys.

in just a couple days i discovered 2 trains that i didn't know existed until i visited here. to me thats pretty cool.

its by working together and sharing information that we as "experts" dictate what is complete and accurate! so that others that follow are informed and do not get ripped off or taken advantage of.

thank you all for your help on this thread.
[-] The following 2 users Like trevor379's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Ucwepn
ok i'm almost sure about this. but! i need to know about this thomas. i will post pictures if i have to. however, time is not always on my side-> mick jagger reference here-> i purchased these sets months ago. just wanna make sure the chais wasn't switched out. does anyone here own this set? 1st edition?
no one took me up on this- huh? the first edition angry thomas has the notched rear bumper. only the first edition.
[-] The following 2 users Like trevor379's post:
  • Super, Ucwepn